Who is in Your Pocket? Narrative

October 10, 2023 0 By Sam Froude

My curiosity will travel wonders more than my legs ever will. Though I sprint off frequently, it is just me being me, Woody from Toy Story! Peers frequently underestimate me, including many of my close supporting adults. Though they can not hear me, trust me, I will learn to speak. Give me the energy and time with love within the air for me to strive to become the goofy me I need to become to see.

I need to become me for all my peers to see in order to accept me. I am more than my sprinting legs when I set off to flee, rather I have many toys I want you to see and play with me. My words don’t come out easily but promise me you will just sit down and try to understand me. With the assistance of belief upon me, I am succeeding with the friend I’ve been needing; someone who believes in me, rather than separating me from my peers whom you are making hate me. My hands can now tell more stories than you ever thought you would see. Give me a little faith and I promise I can be me.

After time and practising with me, my mouth can now speak more words than you will ever come to believe. Within the trust of time and dedication, I learned how to speak, not only with my hands but also between my magical teeth. My friends come back to me because I can finally be the real me. Some adults understand me, but many still try to displace me. Autism does not have me, rather I have autism because we are friends that are meant to be. My journey is ongoing, but it makes me happy that I am here.