Becoming a Teacher

June 23, 2022 0 By Sam Froude

Why do you want to become a teacher?

I have always strived to help people, especially younger children. I have had a passion for children since I was young, especially a passion for educating young children. The current and future students are the next generation of our future. Educators have a huge impact on the future of our world through the children. Being an educator allows you to connect with children on a higher level than other professions do. An educator is not only a child’s educator, but they are also their supporter, someone they can go to that they trust and feel they can talk to about their school life and personal life. Being an educator to me isn’t just teaching a lesson for required curriculum; it is being a role model and a safe zone to go to in their life. The children need us just as much as we need the children. 

What does it mean to be a professional? 

Being a professional is important when pursing a career in the educational field. To be a professional means to set a bar of standards for yourself to meet within the classroom and within the public. Parents trust educators to have their children in our hands. Being professional means to act accordingly wherever you are as there are eyes constantly following you wherever you go, whether that is the eyes of the ones who look up you as a role model, or the eyes of the ones who trust you with their children. It is important to constantly set an example for those who are watching, as well as for those who are listening. 

Am I a teacher 24 hours a day? 

I believe I am not an educator 24 hours a day, however there are standards to live up to at all times of the day. Educators are setting examples daily and everywhere they are whether that is in the classroom or outside the classroom. Actions are going to be watched everywhere you are by the community, parents and children. Although you may be done work for the week, you are still an adult a child looks up to and follows. An educator’s roles and responsibilities never end, however they may differ depending on where you are. You are always a role model for children, and also those children’s parents, therefore it is important to act professional and accordingly no matter where you are. I believe that you are not an educator 24 hours a day, however you are a role model 24 hours a day.