Self-story One

I am not a Canadian, so I do not have a home here, and I am living with my friend Alex in the university. However, the place that makes me home was the dormitory of my friend Jessie in Vancouver, and I am not quit sure about whether I was being like Canadian or not, but we were just being normal as a Chinese. I went and stayed in Vancouver during the Christmas holiday.

In weekends, I woke up at about 10:45 in the morning. I was just simply playing my phone on my bed. I turned on my music and began to getting up from bed. While I was getting dressed, I heard Alex was waking up with my music as usual (we are classmate since high school). Just after I brushed my teeth and washed my face, she was walking into the washroom. We looked at each other and I laughed at her messy look. While she began to brushing her teeth, I said, “I’m going to make breakfast. Come out and eat after you wash.” I just made two egg sandwiches, and two cups of milk. That was our brunch. We talked about some interesting things that happened in Canada, both in Regina and Vancouver, when we sat down.

At about 11:00, when we almost finished eating our brunch, Jessie and her boyfriend Charlie came. They just came back from atelier. They put down their bags, their umbrella and lay on the couch. I asked how was the class in the atelier. Charlie told me about the class, and they began to complain the weather. After they finished the complain of the weather, I changed the topic to talking about where we go and eat, or what to play. Alex said we have some food materials in the fridge. Jessie jokingly said, “When cooking at home, only Alex and Charlie can make it. You guys can make a Chinese food combining southern and northern China. Berney(that’s me) and I just need to wait and eat.” Then, Jessie realized what she said. She pulled me to the computer and turned on the computer games. At the same time, I heard that Alex and Charlie were discussing about what to cook. However, Jessie and I did not have time to complete a game. When we just started, Alex shouted, “Berney, come here and wash the cabbage.”

“Why Charlie cannot do that?”, I said it aloud.

“He is cutting the pork!”

Then, I went to the kitchen and washed the cabbage. Then, I just sat down again about 30 seconds, Charlie’ s voice came. “Jessie, steam rice!”,he said.

“Ah! No!”, Jessie complained and went to kitchen at last.

The game did not finish, but the meal began with the shout of Alex. She was shouting at Jessie, because Jessie carried the pork with her chopsticks from the kitchen to the table, and the oil dropped down along the way. Charlie and I were setting the table. I was laughing and seeing at them.