Welcome!

Hi! My name is Jeff Barrett and I am pleased to welcome you to my blog. I intend to use this space to reflect on my learning as I progress through the Teaching, Learning, and Leading graduate studies program through the University of Regina.

Originally from Whitby, Ontario, I completed a college diploma in Sport Management from Durham College in 2008; obtained an Honours Bachelor of Arts degree in English and History from Trent University in 2013; and received a Bachelor of Education from Ontario Tech University in 2014.

I began teaching professionally when I moved to Saskatchewan in January 2016. In a short period of time, I have taught every grade from 6 to 12, teaching a range of courses from math to practical applied arts. My passion areas are English and physical education. In 2019, I was hired as vice-principal at my current posting.

My educational philosophy prioritizes student voice in the classroom by creating learning opportunities that engage students in critical thinking. I believe that students develop a passion for learning when they are challenged in meaningful and authentic ways. As a leader, I strive to create a school climate that drives student learning through purposeful professional development opportunities for all staff and to empower individuals to make decisions that impact their classroom.

Through my course work, I intend to gain insightful and current pedagogical best practice methodologies to better guide me through my journey as a school-based administrator. I hope to make this a space of reflection, information, and engagement.

Aside from teaching, I am passionate about coaching, fitness, and the Leafs (2022 is their year!). I look forward to sharing my journey with you.

Current updates will be found under EC&I 834

Twitter feed is not available at the moment.