Trying out some coding

Trying out some coding

I was very excited to take part in this week’s blog post, I chose to do the fish sorting activity on Code.org. As you go through the website you see that everything was designed in a fun, cartoon format, which made it both engaging and educational. As you get deeper into this activity the task became more challenging because the AI had to sort not just fish and garbage, but also different animals. I took several screenshots to capture my…

Read More Read More

Digital literacy in the classroom

Digital literacy in the classroom

Having a good sense of digital literacy is a great way to find the truth throughout the lies on the internet. Articles are posted on a daily basis and lots of these articles can be completely fabricated in order to draw attention and get people spreading false information. Much like my previous post where I highlighted that I would like to teach lessons based on digital citizenship the same goes for digital literacy as it falls under the umbrella. Teaching…

Read More Read More

My approach to digital citizenship

My approach to digital citizenship

When I am all finished with my degree and have gotten my contract, teaching lessons aimed towards digital citizenship will be a priority. Technology is a major part of our day-to-day lives, and this will only continue to grow as time goes on. Digital citizenship is about understanding how to use technology safely, responsibly, and respectfully. It’s important because we spend so much time online, and we need to know how to navigate that space effectively. Throughout my lessons, I…

Read More Read More

My thoughts on cyber safety

My thoughts on cyber safety

Cyber safety is something that I have had very little experience with. When I was in elementary school, we did some activities related to cyber safety. We had a few short presentations about the subject, but apart from that, there was really no substantial time spent on it. Of course, when you bring in people like Saskatchewan Roughriders players or police officers, kids are going to listen. However, beyond these presentations, there was nothing else to reinforce the message. Thinking…

Read More Read More

Post 4

Post 4

Reflect on our changed world and the new culture of participation as described in lecture and by Wesch – what does this mean for your future classroom? What does it mean for schools in general? How might we rethink the idea of schooling and education in our networked, participatory, and digital world? How can we balance the challenges of our new digital reality with the possibilities that it offers? This is an open question – react to what we talked…

Read More Read More

Diving into Canva

Diving into Canva

For this post, I chose Canva as my designated tech tool. I picked Canva because I have heard so much about it. Many people have recommended it to me over Google Slides or PowerPoint, but I could never quite get the hang of it. This time, I took some extra time to go through Canva and used it to create an assignment for another class. Initially, I didn’t like Canva. I found it very confusing due to the numerous sidebar…

Read More Read More

Technology in day to day life

Technology in day to day life

Technology is a major part of my day-to-day life. I don’t think there has been a single day in the last six years that I haven’t used technology in one way or another. As a university student, I spend roughly 4-6 hours a day on my computer. Whether I’m in class, working on homework, or doing research, my computer is my best friend. Apart from the time I spend on my laptop, I probably spend at least three hours a…

Read More Read More

Back to the world wide web for guitar lessons

For post 5 I chose to switch it up a little bit and go back to the internet to find new ways to learn the guitar. After searching through some forums and reddit posts I found this interesting website called JustinGuitar.com. When I first opened this website, my first thought was that you would need to pay to access any of the lessons because it seemed way to professional to be free. To my surprise it was all free, any…

Read More Read More

Uberchord not Uber eats

Uberchord not Uber eats

Similar to last week I decided to use a new app, this weeks app is called Uberchord. While searching for resources I stumbled onto this app, intrigued I downloaded it and dove into the learning process. As soon as the app opened I was sadly hit with a subscription process where you pay to have full access to the otherwise free app. I did my best to avoid the relentless pop ups and make it to the actual app; I…

Read More Read More

Learning guitar with help from Guitar tabs

As I spend more time with my guitar I feel myself becoming much more comfortable. I am in no way very good as of  now but it is slowly starting to feel more natural and comfortable. For this weeks post I wanted to give a new app a try; I went on to the appstore on my phone and found something called “guitar tabs”, I was intrigued and wanted to know how this could possibly be a resource for me…

Read More Read More