The Evolution of Education

I am a Millennial and I remember those weekly video watches for our class rooms and those special movie days for almost whole school in an auditorium 😀 Oh boy, what delight it would bring to my whole existence where I would just love to learn through a non traditional method and oh yes how can I forget special project days where we had to do things other that the same old methods. I could surely and fairly say that new methods with the help of technology would bring a lot of joy to my whole self and would make me so eager to discover new ways.

In a world where technology reigns supreme, the impact of audio-visual (AV) technologies on education cannot be overstated. Neil Postman’s quote, “We now know that ‘Sesame Street’ encourages children to love school only if school is like ‘Sesame Street,'” sheds light on a profound shift in the way we perceive traditional schooling.

When Postman speaks of “Sesame Street” undermining the traditional idea of schooling, he’s pointing to the engaging, fast-paced nature of the show that contrasts with the structured, disciplined environment of traditional schools. This raises questions about how AV technologies, from the earliest film projectors to today’s smartphones and interactive educational shows, are reshaping the format of schooling.

AV technologies have the power to transform education by making it more interactive, engaging, and personalized. Platforms like YouTube, Khan Academy, and Crash Course offer a wealth of educational content that can supplement traditional teaching methods. However, they also raise concerns about the overreliance on technology and the need for a balanced approach to education.

The integration of smartphones and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policies in classrooms further blurs the lines between traditional and modern schooling. While smartphones offer access to a wealth of information, they also present distractions and challenges in maintaining focus in the classroom.

Looking ahead, the future of AV technologies in education is exciting yet complex. As technology continues to evolve, we can expect more immersive experiences, personalized content, and the integration of artificial intelligence. This heralds a new era for education, where traditional boundaries are challenged, and new possibilities emerge.

But, i know for myself that how sesame street school brings colors and visuals with audio and emotions to the whole teaching experience and with today’s world and with the revolution of behavioral needs how truly it has been decided that learning needs for all are different and can not be just met by following one way. I personally am a learner who gets bored and impatient with anything that is dragged and long 😀 and it reminds me how I would love playing Mario and this duck game as a child..

These 15 Video Games Will Take You Back To The 90s

In conclusion, AV technologies are changing the way we think about school by challenging traditional notions of teaching and learning. While they offer new opportunities for engagement and interaction, they also require educators to adapt to new formats and technologies. By embracing these changes thoughtfully, we can harness the full potential of AV technologies to create enriching learning experiences for all students.