Photography Insights from TikTok Tutorials

May 26, 2024 0 By Kate Johnson

This week, I watched numerous TikTok videos to find different tips and techniques for taking photos. I found a lot of the videos to be incredibly useful and have been able to apply some of that knowledge when I am out taking photos. Some helpful tips I learned were how to identify the focal point and how to utilize various angles for unique photos. Understanding focal points is important as it is what catches the viewer’s attention, and utilizing different angles can completely change the perspective of the photo.

While learning to use these tips, I encountered some challenges. For instance, finding the right focal point and angles is sometimes tricky. However, through trial and error, I started to understand the techniques. After watching many different photography tutorial videos, I gained valuable insights to help improve my photography skills. While I found many videos helpful, some lacked clear explanations of the techniques they discussed.

Additionally, there were instances where the final results shown in the videos were gained through photoshop rather than the actual technique being demonstrated. This was very misleading and made me realize the importance of checking the sources or videos you are watching or using. Through this experience, I learned that you have to look through many videos to find the ones that provide helpful information. Here are some photos I took this weekend using the tips I learned from TikTok. The first two photos are taken from different focal points in a similar camera position. In the third photo, I am highlighting the horizon and the reflection in the water.

Along with learning tips from TikTok, I explored the Reeflex Pro app deeper to improve my understanding of the settings and features. As mentioned in my last learning post, this app offers many different features that give you complete manual control over various settings. Here are some photos I took while experimenting with the app and improving my skills with the different features.