About me

Welcome!

My name is Kate. I am BEAD student at the University of Regina. I start my internship in the Fall 2024 semester and looking forward to it! I have two dogs that are my life, Georgia and Eddie, and a herd of cats who pay little attention to me.

I live in a big old house in Moose Jaw on Treaty 4 land. In addition to constantly tinkering on the house, my spouse and I own and operate a small business.

I write a little poetry–well, I used to–but there is no time for that right now! Some here and a book there (here is a nice a review/overview of book if interested haha). In 2021, I completed a masters thesis in English, thinking I would not be back again, but here I am!

I have always loved reading and writing, and the opportunity to hone those skills changed my life. In short, I would like to extend the same opportunity to future students: nurture curiosity, develop identity and voice via writing, and promote learning through critical/creative approaches to a blend of canon texts, alternative narratives, and digital resources.

It was an army of devoted teachers and mentors that advocated for my learning even when I could not myself. That kind of commitment to teaching is what motivates me today as a future teacher.