About Me

Hello, I am Kennedie Henrikson. I am an elementary education student at the University of Regina, and I’m very excited to start my journey. I am in Elementary school education, therefore I am wanting to teach Pre-k to grade 4. I would preferably be teaching pre-k to grade 2. I am very excited to learn and grow during my Education years.  I worked with the Catholic School Board for a year as a substitute AI before and that is what made me decide this is what I wanted to do.

Before deciding this, I went to Saskatchewan Polytechnic for New Media Communications (now known as Interactive Design and Technology). I love photography and graphic design, I find them very calming for me. I am hoping I will be able to incorporate that into my teaching one day.

When I was younger, I was a very athletic child. I did gymnastics and dance for many years. I did karate for 2 years and soccer for about 4 years. I danced for about 8 years, dance was a way for me to express myself. In dance, I have over 30 ribbons, ranging from first place to fourth. I absolutely loved doing all of those activities, they definitely made me who I am today.

I am very excited to have a classroom of my own one day! I am very into inclusive education and one day, my classroom will be very inclusive.

Land Acknowledgment

I would like to acknowledge that the land I live on is Treaty 4 lands with a presence in Treaty 6. These are the territories of the nêhiyawak, Anihšināpēk, Dakota, Lakota, and Nakoda, and the homeland of the Métis/Michif Nation. Today, these lands continue to be the shared Territory of many diverse peoples from near and far.