Week Six

I am honestly getting so sad to finish this class! I can’t believe there are only 2 more weeks of going to visit my students!! I will definitely miss all of them, they are all so different and unique, and all of them LOVE to come and give me and my partner hugs! ‘A’ was very excited that we were back today and she was very loving and she didn’t have any of her meltdowns today so yay! My co-op teacher and the T.A. are teaching ‘A’ and another little boy how to properly ask questions, such as “can I please go get a drink?” and “may I please go to the bathroom?”, today they both did a great job of asking!

My co-op teacher starts off the afternoon by having all the students sit in a square of the carpet and they each say a number. So, the students will count 1-22, and there are some students that need a little help to remember the number or help to pronounce it. She also does it to make sure all the students are there. I find that is a great way to keep in routine and that the kids learn their numbers. We do Jolly Phonics right after that. Today we learned the letter ‘M’, it was so much fun doing that. My partner and I got to walk around the class while the students were working on their sheets and give out stamps to the students. If I noticed a student was struggling a bit, I would use my marker to trace it and then I got them to trace that.

Today during centers, we had the toy box, bean bag toss, cards, yoga and going to hang out with the speech teacher. I was at the card center and we played a kind of version of “go fish”. We took out all the lettered playing cards and only played with the numbers. Whenever I would call a number, if the student had the number they would put it into the middle of the circle. We played many rounds of that, we played where I would give them new cards when they would put cards in the middle and then it changes to whoever had all their cards gone first, won.