In the first module of my Mental Health Studies course, I have used several H5P activities. When I first started working with H5P’s it took me quite a while to get the hang of it, but now I am quite familiar with them and enjoy using them to create interactive content for my online classes. What is really convenient about H5P’s is that I can create them through Lumi, download them and embed them into Moodle.
In this first module, I will use a combination of formative and summative assessments
Lumi Activity#1: What Brings You Here?
Module 1- Introduction to Mental Health
- I can understand what positive mental health is and how it affects my well-being.
- I can advocate, raise awareness and reduce stigma for positive mental health.
- Pre-Quiz: Students will complete a questionnaire Lumi Activity #2 to see what they believe they already know about mental health.
- Lesson #1: Introduction to Mental Health Presentation Lumi Activity #3 I have embedded questions in the presentation, so as students go through the presentation, they will be asked to answer questions and check their understanding.
- Lesson #2: We are going to explore the difference in Mental Health States. In the video, Dr. Kutcher explains the different states of mental health Lumi Activity #4
- Assessment on lesson 1 and 2 to test understanding of the various mental health states. Lumi Activity #5