Who Am I?

November 26, 2020 0 By Madison Macfie

Hello, my name is Madison Macfie and I am a current teacher and graduate of the University of Regina Education program.

While obtaining my Bachelor of Education, I majored in Social Studies and minored in French Education.

I was born in Calgary, Alberta and I lived there until I moved to Regina for University. 

Throughout my schooling, I attended French Immersion school from K-12, and as such, I am fluent in French. I have always loved being able to speak another language and I am very glad I have decided to continue studying French in University. I hope to have the opportunity to teach in French after I receive my degree.  Another subject I really enjoyed in school was Social Studies, which is why I have decided to major in Social Studies education! I have always loved learning about the world, in particular history and international relations.

Growing up, I played many different sports but I decided to focus on and pursue volleyball. I began playing volleyball when I was eleven years old and I am very passionate about the sport. I was able to play at very high levels such as elite club teams and was able to play for my provincial team, team Alberta. I also played for two years with the University of Regina Cougars women’s volleyball team as an outside hitter from 2019-2021. I loved competing at the USports level and was able to adjust well to the level of commitment necessary to be successful on the court and weight room, as well as in the classroom. Playing university sports and pursuing a degree has taught me how to manage my time well, prioritize as well as manage stress and other emotions. 

University of Regina Cougars Women’s Volleyball Team 2019/20