My Assessment Literacy ?

Though I have recently completed my internship, I will admit I am as familiar with assessment as it would seem. Part of my internship was spending 1 month in a mainstream social studies class where the summative and formative assessment was a big part of the class. The following gives a snapshot of where I find myself in the assessment world.

Section one: Where are we going?

One can see on the graph most of the areas are at 60%. However, engaging students in the assessment process is not something I am very familiar with. When I worked in the Social 9 class, I did not feel as though there was enough time to have students actively engage in creating an assessment. However, if I were to redo this process, I would work with the class to guide the assessment process.

Section 2: How are we doing

Section 3: Where to next?

Goal setting has been something I have been working on for some time and is definitely something I am willing to expand. I am proud of the section on teacher growth. During my internship, I worked very hard to take feedback and create a detailed IPP sheet for myself. It helped me greatly in the process.

Section 4: Communicating with stakeholders

Though these areas are green I am looking for ways to give feedback to students that is more than just one positive, something they need t work on and back to a positive.

Section 5: System-based Assessment Literacy

Final Section: Assessment Literacy

It is clear that there needs to be lots of growth and further learning in the “how are we doing” section, but the rest of the areas are places I am looking to expand my growth.