Summary of Learning (Embracing Educational Technology) – ECI 830

As I reminisce on my experience going through the educational technology course, I am happy to offer the pinnacle of my learning in the form of a narrative video. This video is more than just a recap; it represents my extensive involvement with the course material, critical debates, and growing understanding that I’ve gained over time.

In the video, I discuss a variety of new trends and concerns in educational technology. From disputes over technology’s impact on equity to the sensitive subject of cell phones in classrooms, each segment emphasises a major theme I explored during the course. These conversations not only enlarged my perspective but also provided me with the analytical abilities required to understand and contribute to contemporary debates in EdTech.

The video’s essence comes from the integration of significant insights and my observations. Engaging in public conversation, creating blog articles, and participating in discussions were all part of my learning experience. The film captures these events, demonstrating how they influenced my perspectives and expanded my understanding of technology’s diverse role in education. I am excited to share it with you. Thank you for watching and participating in this reflective study of my educational technology journey.

Posted by Olajide Abijo

Welcome to my blog!

I'm Olajide Abijo, and my educational background includes a degree in Linguistics (B.A.) and a master's in Educational Leadership. Currently enrolled in the Adult Education and Human Resources Development program (MEd), I bring a wealth of teaching experience across diverse cultures and age groups, ranging from kindergarten to 80-year-olds 😊.

My focus lies in exploring the effective application of online and blended learning in adult education, particularly within work contexts. Having lived and taught in Nigeria, the United Arab Emirates, and Japan, my experiences in different contexts have greatly influenced my perspectives and interactions with learners and local communities.

While my interest in teaching waned due to unnecessary systematic pressures, I aim to leverage my knowledge, experience, and skills within the industry. Although I harbor an interest in postgraduate teaching opportunities, I am not inclined towards writing publications at this time, but NEVER say NEVER!