Week Five: Inclusive Education-Diversity & Difference: You will continue to focus on the diversity, difference & inclusiveness in the school and classrooms.
Core Questions: How is your school community honouring diversity, equity, and human rights for all students (including sexual and gender diversity) within their schools and communities?

I was so excited to be back in the classroom this week as last Monday we didn’t get to go. The kids were excited to see me and my partner, it made me smile. To start the teacher first taught the lesson. The kids were working on counting and they were going over different ways they could add numbers to equal 10. Lots of the students came up with their own ideas and were excited to share. Then the students began their assignment which was to glue pictures of rabbits onto two hills on their worksheet and write the number of rabbits on each hill below, then write the total number. During this time, the teacher had my partner circulate the classroom to answer questions and I got the opportunity to get the students to read their study words to me. If the student got the word I filled it in properly on the sheet next to their name and if they didn’t get the word I left the space blank. Then my partner and I switched so I got to help students with their work. This time they were making something to hang on the wall. They had to write down what their “invisible strength” is and draw a picture of it. It was so sweet to see what the students thought their invisible strength is and how they visualized it looked like.

At the end of the day we got to go with the class to their library time. During this time, they learned about the book fair that is going to be happening in their school this week and got to watch a video about some of the books that would be there. Then the students were to draw a picture of a book they want and to write a little sentence about it. It was fun to see which books interested the students and it was fun to see the sentences they wrote and help them spell words. The school seems very accepting of all people. The teachers who have students who do not celebrate some holidays accommodate that and give other activities and assignments for the students to do.