Blog Post: My Sweet Second Shot of…… Preserving – Strawberry Jam and Sundae in a Jar

Date: Week 3 After surviving my first sweet and sticky venture into the world of jam-making, I felt ready to take on a new challenge—or, rather, a delicious challenge. This time, I decided to whip up some classic strawberry jam and, for a bit of indulgence, a sundae in a jar featuring none other than

Continue reading Blog Post: My Sweet Second Shot of…… Preserving – Strawberry Jam and Sundae in a Jar

From Garden to Jar: The Art of Pretending You Are a Domesticated Goddess

Week 2 It’s official: I’ve taken my first step into the world of canning, and what better way to kick things off than with a sticky, sweet adventure of jam-making? For my first batch, I went bold, choosing not one but two recipes—Saskatoon Berry Jam and Cranberry Raspberry (CraZZ-Berry) Jam. But before I got to

Continue reading From Garden to Jar: The Art of Pretending You Are a Domesticated Goddess

Finding Balance: My Go-To Tools for Productivity and Creativity

Ah, the delicate dance of staying organized and productive in today’s fast-paced, tech-savvy world! If you’re anything like me, finding that sweet spot between academia, personal interests, parenting, and, ahem, gaming can be quite the juggling act. I’ve found myself diving headfirst into different platforms and strategies to help keep my life in check while

Continue reading Finding Balance: My Go-To Tools for Productivity and Creativity

Canning for Dummies: How to preserve food without losing your mind (or your lunch)

Baseline: Where I Started Before I dive into the details of my journey into the world of canning, it’s important to lay the groundwork for where I am starting from. My knowledge of canning techniques can be summed up in one word: basic. Sure, I’ve heard about water baths and pressure canning, but my understanding

Continue reading Canning for Dummies: How to preserve food without losing your mind (or your lunch)

ECS 203 Blog Post #6 Numeracy and Literacy

Part 1 (Numeracy): Using Gale’s lecture, Poirier’s article, and Bear’s article, identify at least three ways in which Inuit mathematics challenge Eurocentric ideas about the purpose of mathematics and the way we learn it. Throughout Gale Russell’s lecture Curriculum as Numeracy, the main message she conveyed to me is that “we are all mathematical beings,

Continue reading ECS 203 Blog Post #6 Numeracy and Literacy

ECS 203 Blog #4 -Building Curriculum

Provide a brief summary of your understanding of the three learning theories introduced in the readings (behaviourism, cognitivism, and constructivism). How can you connect these learning theories with the models of curriculum (product, process, and praxis in particular) that we have discussed?   Behaviourism learning theory is based on an objectivist approach to learning. Meaning

Continue reading ECS 203 Blog #4 -Building Curriculum