SPACES

This assignment was designed to make us aware of the spaces around us and how we felt in the moment. The photograph of the bulletin board made me sad because it was empty due to Covid. Normally, that billboard is over-full with events and activities.

The photograph of the apples were something I noticed as I walked along the path.

The top photograph represents somewhere I sit. I was home a lot this year because of Covid, and so we planted a pollinator garden. The sunflowers were included. I spent hours watching and taking pictures of bees, butterflies, ants, moths, and ladybugs and the occasional squirrel who made the sunflower a destination stop. I felt peaceful in the middle of chaos in my house on these days.

The bottom photograph was taken on another day when I was walking. It was a different perspective of the same path. This time, I felt happy. It was sunny, and the sun was hitting this tree at a really cool angle and making the red leaves look much brighter.