ELNG 200- Self Assessment

April 10, 2021 0 By ABBY LYNNES

ELNG 200 E-Portfolio Self-Assessment Rubric    

CriteriaUnsatisfactory 1Emerging 2Proficient 3Exemplary 4Rating
1. Selection of ArtifactsMy artifacts and work samples do not relate to the purpose of the eportfolio. Some of my artifacts and work samples are related to the purpose of the eportfolio.Most artifacts and work samples are related to the purpose of the eportfolio.All artifacts and work samples are clearly and directly related to the purpose of the eportfolio.  A wide variety of artifacts is included. 
2. Descriptive TextNo artifacts are accompanied by a caption that clearly explains the importance of the item including title, author, and date.Some of my artifacts are accompanied by a caption that clearly explains the importance of the item including title, author, and date.Most of my artifacts are accompanied by a caption that clearly explains the importance of the item work including title, author, and date.All artifacts are accompanied by a caption that clearly explains the importance of the item including title, author, and date.3
3. Reflective CommentaryMy reflections do not explain growth or include goals for continued learning.A few of my reflections explain growth and include goals for continued learning.Most of my reflections explain growth and include goals for continued learning.All reflections clearly explain how the artifact demonstrates your growth, competencies, accomplishments, and include goals for continued learning (long and short term). 3  

My reflections do not illustrate the ability to effectively critique work or provide suggestions for constructive practical alternatives.A few of my reflections illustrate the ability to effectively critique work and provide suggestions for constructive practical alternatives.Most of my reflections illustrate the ability to effectively critique work and provide suggestions for constructive practical alternatives.All reflections illustrate the ability to effectively critique work and provide suggestions for constructive practical alternatives.
4. Usability and Accessibility:Text Elements, Layout, and ColorThe eportfolio is difficult to read due to inappropriate use of fonts, type size for headings, sub-headings and text and font styles (italic, bold, underline).The portfolio is often difficult to read due to inappropriate use of fonts and type size for headings, sub-headings, text or long paragraphs. The eportfolio is generally easy to read. Fonts and type size vary appropriately for headings, sub-headings and text. The eportfolio is easy to read. Fonts and type size vary appropriately for headings, sub-headings and text. 
Horizontal and vertical white space alignment are used inappro-priately, and the content appears disorganized and cluttered.Horizontal and vertical white space alignment are sometimes used inappro-priately to organize content.Horizontal and vertical white space alignment are generally used appropriately to organize content.Horizontal and vertical white space alignment are used appropriately to organize content.
Color of background, fonts, and links decrease the readability of the text, are distracting and used inconsistently throughout the eportfolio.Color of background, fonts, and links generally enhance the read-ability of the text, and are generally used consistently throughout the eportfolio.Color of background, fonts, and links generally enhance the read-ability of the text, and are generally used consistently throughout the eportfolio.Color of background, fonts, and links enhance the readability and aesthetic quality, and are used consistently throughout the eportfolio.
5. Writing ConventionsThere are more than six errors in grammar, capitalization, punctuation, and spelling requiring major editing and revision.There are four or more errors in grammar, capitalization, punctuation, and spelling requiring editing and revision.There are a few errors in grammar, capitalization, punctuation, and spelling. These require minor editing and revision.There are no errors in grammar, capitalization, punctuation, and spelling.
TOTAL(out of 20) 16

Comments:

Reasons why I gave myself 16/20 for my self assessment. 

• My eportfolio is very organized and easy to find certain assignments. I have made headings for each assignment for this class and have submitted each assignment on time. 
  • I have hit most of the expectations for each assignment that the assignment descriptions asked for. I wrote about the readings and videos we watched and read throughout the course and about my own personal experience as well.