About Me

My name is Agwalonye Aghamelu. I am married with 5 children. The last two are in Grades 12 & 1. My favourite thing to do is spending time with my family. I love helping people, being around children and seeing people succeed. That is why I love teaching or working with children. My hobbies are cooking, singing, watching reality television shows and taking a walk in the park or doing any outdoor activity with my six year old daughter.

I volunteer at Sunningdale School and I am also in our church children ministry. My Pre-Internship is in Sunningdale Elementary school also. I have loved working with all the teachers, and my Cooperative teacher has been so helpful throughout the whole experience. I have learned a lot as a teacher within these 8 weeks of Pre-internship.I was born in Nigeria (African), grew up there before I moved to Ireland with my family in 2001 till 2015 when we moved to Canada. I live in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan with my family.  My educational background is BSc in Education/Mathematics. My primary, Secondary and Tertiary education was in Nigeria. I worked for one year in Nigeria before we moved to Ireland. I stayed at home taking care of my children and at the same time processing my registration with the Irish Education council, and also getting to know the country and adjusting to the new environment. Sequel to this, I was a volunteer teacher at the elementary school, as well as a resource teacher in a Secondary school in Tipperary County where we lived for 13 years before I moved to CanadaWhen I finally got my registration, I worked as a substitute teacher and also engaged in private teaching to both the elementary and high school students in math. I am in the process of getting my certification here in Saskatchewan. I would love to work with grades 3 – 5 or 6 – 8. The Pre-internship started on Wednesday, 9th October and will be done on December 5th, 2019. I have indeed learned a lot as a teacher over this period and wish to take that experience to work when I get my certification.  My Professional goals are: To create safe and effective learning environment for the diversity of student learning. Treat my students with respect, always promote their gifts and talents and also create curriculum that would help them achieve those goals. I will also make sure that I have an inclusive classroom, where every student would see a bit of themselves in it. ” Indigenous students need to see themselves in every aspect of the learning environment from teachers, administrators, senior level administrators to relevant curriculum, contemporary resources, culturally appropriate policies and practices.”                   ——-Public Online Survey