Completed Second Project

Well, I have just completed my second project, the Christmas gift of coasters for my mother. I feel like my first project looks a little better than this one. I was not paying too much attention to how different the coasters looked. Some are bigger than others, and I ran out of green yarn to make the last two. They may not all look the same, but they all do the same thing, which was the point I was going for.

loading slideshow...

• Green and Brown crocheted coaster
  • Green and Brown crocheted coasters
  • Crocheted coasters with glasses on top of them in the colours green and brown

Before I start my baby blanket, I will try to make my son a toque. I went to Micheals and told him to pick out a colour he would like for a toque. He initially picked a light blue colour, but for some reason, when he touched the yarn, he said no. I do not think he liked the texture of the yarn, and thus, he ended up picking a red chilli pepper colour. This yarn is thinner than the blue yarn, and if he is happy with it, I am happy with it.

My goal for this next project is to start and complete this in two weeks and get started right away on the baby blanket. I have not started the toque yet, but I hope to start tonight and see how much I can get through. I am feeling confident and hope when I am done, my little guy will like it!!

5 Replies to “Completed Second Project”

1. Hello!

Loved your coasters – and that they are a Christmas gift for your mom. This years Christmas gift for my mom are couch covers – wouldn’t want to imagine crocheting or knitting those myself!

Do you also find crocheting/knitting really relaxing late at night? I love it as a way of managing stress, but am finding I don’t have time for it anymore.

Bernice

2. That’s awesome those coasters look great! The toque and blanket are gonna turn out so nice I can just tell, good luck !

3. The coasters look great Alyssa! I am so happy to see that we’re both doing well in the same project! I can’t wait to see your progress with the toque! Let me know if I can give any advice at any point :0)