Instructional Approaches

My instructional approaches are based on a Wholistic pedagogy (storying, relating, listening, reflecting), collective group projects (I like to use rich-questions, activities, and inquiry based projects or assignments). I am very focused on inquiry (guided or indirect), and I minimize the use of direct instruction. Now, we will explore my focus for inquiry-instruction

My focus for inquiry instruction is based on collectivization and ability-grouping (creating groups based on student performance); this is used to help with formative (observation and conversation) assessment, and it teaches teamwork, collaboration, and relationship building skills, which is useful for students to learn and use outside of class. Now, we will explore my reasons for these approaches.

My reasons to focus on a hands-off, collective, and transparent approach aligns with my belief in the freedom to pursue learning and education, so I try-hard to avoid testing, large amounts of products, and individual work because these areas require less-teaching, less-efficiency, and less-effectiveness; I strongly believe in an inclusive, comfortable, and flexible classroom-environment, which requires a community, empathetic, and transparent approach to my instructional methods.