About Me

At first, let’s talk about general things about me. My name is Guman Xiao. I was born in Chengdu, a city of Sichuan province in China. My English nickname is Berney, and also is my twitter name.

I am a really common person.

I love animals a lot, especially the pets! However, I never have one, because I am not completely independent. I think that to be responsible is really important for being a teacher and pets as well.

For my interest, l really like watching movies. Watching other’s story let me clam down. I can learn how people deal with their life and their ways of thinking. That can help me to think in different position.

I used to dance Latin, and paint. I like to paint. it is a way for me to relaxing myself.

I used to be a traditional Chinese student. I went to private boarding school for my primary and junior high. It is a school which need to keep getting good grades to stay. Therefore, I began to take a lot after school classes. I used to take math, English, physics and sometime Chinese. I hardly had time to hang out or even own time. All of these were because of the traditional thought of Chinese parents and teachers – only the top students are good children and can have a good future.

After I went to a international school in senior high, I had a believe there. People cannot be defined by their grades. My teachers are from BC province. They never say that we must get really high or those kind of things. They encourage and help every student no matter what kind of grades the student get. I can relax myself after I finish my work and after school. I can have time to focus on interests. I think let student not to just caring about grades can help them to be better in all aspects.