ECS 102

I’m Late Again

I arrive at school at 8:50 am on a brisk snowy December morning. I should have left earlier; mom told me it snowed last night, I think to myself as I park my car in the farthest spot. I open my middle compartment to grab a stick of gum while listening to my hype song of the week. I shut off my car and grab my keys and my binder. I look for anyone I know who I can walk with, and I finally spot Sydney, we start rambling about how cold it is, yet neither of us is wearing a winter coat or proper winter attire at all. By the time we enter the school, it is 8:58; we say, see ya later. And head our opposite ways as I rush quickly down the hallway to be in my class before the second bell. I am one corner away, and the time strikes 9:00. Mrs. Peters comes over the intercom, “Good Morning, ladies and gentlemen, please stand for the playing of O CANADA.” I freeze and think to my self maybe tomorrow I won’t be late, and I quietly hum along to the anthem.

• Riley Knoll

Hey Halle,
    This was really good. You did a great job of being descriptive, and I really could pinpoint your story. I felt like I was in the car listening to your hype song! The only downfall is it may be just a tad to short, but besides that it was a excellent piece of writing.