Hello everyone, my name is Riley Knoll. I am currently enrolled at the University of Regina in the Faculty of Education. I have in the post secondary program focusing on a Major in Physical Education and a minor in Mathematics.

I always have been passionate about sports. Pretty much ever since I could walk, I have been playing sports. I have played hockey and baseball my whole life and continue to enjoy playing sports to this day! Sports have always been a huge part of my life and has given me countless opportunities in life. I have gained many friends from the sports world. Many of these people have contributed greatly to my life. I truly am thankful for great friends!

Me after winning city championship!

Another huge part of my life is farming. My grandpa purchased a farm in Kendal Saskatchewan in 1998. I have spent a decent chunk of my life out at the farm helping my grandpa do whatever. Farming has given me a totally different outlook on life, and has taught me patience, hard work, and ups and downs of life. During my time helping out at the farm, I have became really close with my grandpa. He is one of the hardest workers I know and has taught me everything I know. My grandpa has always told me stories about farming and how rough they used to have it back in the day. These moments have really shaped me into the person I am today. This past year I got to take on a bigger role at the farm. I got to drive more of the equipment, and take more responsibility at the farm. Of course it was under the close watch of Grandpa Frank who made sure I was on my toes!

Grandpa Frank in front of the old combine.

Grandpa and I back in the good old days!

My parents have also played huge part of my life. I would not be in University without the help of my parents. They both have made countless sacrifices throughout there lives putting my brothers and I ahead of themselves, for that I truly am grateful.

The last person I would like to put on here is my girlfriend Liah. Liah has done a lot for me, and is always a person I can count on. She always has my back no matter what. I am truly thankful for her, and can not wait to see what the future holds!

Blog

ECS 102

Discussion Provocation

Disability is something as a society we view as detrimental to someone’s ability to live their day-to-day life. The fact of the matter is seen within society’s views on disability. From taking classes here at Read more…

Writing the Normal Narratives

White privilege and racism are all around us. We live in a society that has shown a clear impact of white privilege. As a white male, I have experienced these privileges my whole life without Read more…

Racism in school…

Racism is all around us. We do not even realize it at the time; however, racism is real, and needs to be taken seriously. Children are easily influenced by parents, teachers and peers. Some of Read more…