Using AI as an Ed Tech tool…. SAY WHAT?!?!

After class I took some time to process what we had discussed in class.  I will say that the world of AI and Chat GPT was definitely new to me.  Initially I was intrigued and I thought it was all very interesting.  As I processed all the information presented to us I began to think about how can this become a tool in the classroom.  I came across a blog post titled Unleashing the Power of Chat GPT in Education.  In this post it gives a variety of ideas of how you could use it with the students in your classroom.  You could use it in various different ways in your Literacy lessons.  It could be used as tool for your EAL students.  It can even be used in your math lessons.  As I continued to look there were some other interesting articles on the Chat GPT debate.  Even as I read different thoughts and opinions on the topic, I still felt as though I am intrigued, but I am not sure if I am completely convinced yet.  I don’t think I am fully ready to jump on the Chat GPT train.  I feel as though it could be used as a useful tool for your students,  but is it useful for all of your students?  Maybe it could be used as a differentiation tool, it could be used for those students that we have in our classroom who struggle to get anything down on a piece of paper.  The world of AI and Chat GPT is interesting, but is it the future of education… I am still not sure?