Community Service

Wherever you turn, you can find someone who needs you. Even if it is a little thing, do something for which there is no pay but the privilege of doing it. Remember, you don’t live in the world all of your own.”
~Albert Schweitzer

I would say that I have done quite a bit of community service within Regina. Volunteering is humbling & I believe it also makes you learn so much about your community.

SWIMMING (Sept 2012- April 2014 & Sept 2018-Present) I used to be a synchronized swimmer. We used to do volunteering as a team & go help out at the food bank & teach little ones synchronized swimming. I now volunteer my time & help run the U of R Synchro Club by attending monthly meetings, making sure the girls have their payments made, budget is in good range, hotels are booked & more.

TRAINER IN HIGHSCHOOL (Sept 2015-March 2016) Back in high school, I was a trainer for the football team & junior basketball team. I had to attend all their games & majority of their practices which was nearly every day of the week.

WASCANA REHAB CENTRE (April 2016- Sept 2017) I used to volunteer at the Wascana Rehabilitation Centre. At first, it was a requirement for a grade 11 class that I do 10 hours of volunteering. I ended up loving the interaction with the patients, so I continued to do it once a week for almost a year & a half. I would go every Tuesday night for 2 hours & help run the bingo session for patients. Unfortunately they changed the time of the session & it inflicted with my classes so I had to stop going.

WHEELHOUSE CYCLE CLUB (April 2017- Present) Even though I am an employee at Wheelhouse Cycle Club, when we show up at public events in the city it is all volunteer base. We do about 10-15 events in a year but one of our biggest events is the ‘Wheel Mile’ at the Queen City Marathon each September. We create a cheer station at one of the mile marks & have 100+ volunteers come out & cheer with us. This event totals to 13-16 hours of volunteering for within a weekend.

Wheelhouse Cycle Club staff volunteering at the 2019 QCM