My Educational Philosophy

“One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world” – Malala Yousafzai

The people who have influenced my beliefs are all my past elementary & high school teachers. Each & every one of them have helped shaped me to be the person I am today. All of my teachers have taught me wonderful lessons, even the teachers I did not enjoy as much. I am happy that I still got to experience those teachers that I may not agree with because it helped me realize who I am more as a person & what kind of educator I want to be.

I have mentioned this multiple times on my blog, but I am a huge advocate that you need to have multiple ways of teaching your students knowledge. Not all students learn the same way, but that is one of the amazing ways we see diversity in a classroom. When I am a teacher, I want to teach through reading, writing, videos, technology, field trips, hands on, group work, individual projects & more. Having all of these ways of learning in a classroom will allow your students to be able to learn in all different ways & then they can figure out what the best way for them to learn is.

I believe we are learning when we do not realize we are even learning. I believe we do not only learn in a classroom but we learn things from home, in society, & through our environment outside of school. We accumulate a lot of our knowledge from school, but some of the best lessons are also taught to us by life experiences, such as travelling. There is a difference between talking about a country & its culture & actually getting to experience it firsthand. It allows you to have a better insight that our world is beautiful from all the diversity in it. When I am a teacher, I want to tell all my students to save up their money & travel one day when they are older. They will learn so much more than what they realize. Not only will it give them a great experience, but learning how to budget & save for something important is also crucial in everyday life.