EDTC300,  Learning Project

Oasis

This week post, regarded around trying out another new style. So far over the course of the semester so far while working with procreate there a so many options to create, and different little things you can add in to make your project really one of a kind. The options are endless, by now I thought that I would have found an artistic style and stuck with it, although here we are and that is not the case.

While doing so, I stumbled across the fill icon which allowed me to select a part of the drawing and fill it in with one click. By doing so this made it easy of the red background color to come out as all one even color. Which I like, as I found when you are using the paint brush tools it is very easy to not carry the same pressure throughout.

Although this wasn’t my intention when I first started this project, it was a nice little accidental win, on my behalf. My focus of today was to just let myself create freely, as this I think can be seen with the different style of plants. Hopefully, transforming the viewer into a serene space of calmness, and tranquility. Although keeping a sense of luster by using a palette that had colors that were bright, but also provided enough contrast from each other.

Another thing that I learned through kind of playing around with the app is how to merge layers. Although through this I was just kind of pressing buttons and it happened. So then I became curious about how I stumbled about this. That when I came across this blog post by PlayBook about merging layers into one, by pinching two layers to together. Although this is something that from a viewer’s perspective does not look any different in regards to quality compared to the other posting I have made. But from my side of things it has made things easier when it comes to transferring into posts as the size of the image is now compressed, which makes it a little bit easier.

Thanks for reading!