I wrapped up my purl stitch knitting journey this week and I decided that I should learn how to properly cast off of my knitting unlike last time when I just ripped the needle out because I was frustrated that I messed up!!

I searched into YouTube “Casting Off Purl Stitch” and came across several videos. I decided to go with this one:

I really find that videos help me learn new things when it comes to knitting. I need to be able to see it be done before I can go ahead and do it myself. Looking at pictures DOES NOT WORK FOR ME. I get easily frustrated when I don’t know exactly how it’s supposed to look. I found this video to be quite easy to watch and follow. When I started, it didn’t really look right, but by the time I finished casting off, it looked actually quite cool! My boyfriend was watching me and he says “I am no expert, but I don’t think you’re doing it right”. Well, here is how it looks so you tell me:

This is the purl knit section I finished.
This is a close up of the casting off side of my section. You can notice that it is starting to change to a lighter purple now.