Tackling the Tangled Threads

Tackling the Tangled Threads

I actually thought I had this sewing thing figured out, I really did. I was playing with materials by fixing up some different clothing items. I had these dress pants that had a hole in them forever but I never put time in to fix them. So here was the perfect oppurtunity to do so!   I fixed these pants no problem. Then I grabbed a pair of my partners work pants that I needed to fix. They were a…

Read More Read More

Sound Trap your next assignments

Sound Trap your next assignments

Okay- So I was super excited about this blog post this week as I am always looking for new tools to use in the classroom that are going to support student learning + how they can express their learning. I have personally always wanted to learn how to make podcasts and incorporate podcasts as an assignment tool. So what better time than now to look into it. I did some digging around the internet for some different podcast making tools–…

Read More Read More

And sew it begins

And sew it begins

Here is a fun video I made of my first time trying out the sewing machine. So, I started off this journey having NOT A SINGLE CLUE how to use this machine. I told my coworker that I borrowed this machine from that she doesn’t need to set any of it up for me, that I am going to teach myself how to do that along with teaching myself to sew. So that is exactly what I did. I started…

Read More Read More

When did screen time become a full time job?

In todays era, it is almost impossible to not be using technology. In our house hold we try not to use it too often. But of course I need my laptop for school and we love to watch TV.  I usually find myself using google/ google docs, instagram, facebook, messagener, pinterest, my kindle and snapchat. I find that some apps are towards my education and learning. I can find educational books on my kindle OR google is where I do…

Read More Read More

sewing machine learning in progress….

sewing machine learning in progress….

Well… here we go. I have forever wanted to pick up a sewing machine and learn how to sew. At the beginning of my mat leave I wanted to learn to do something like this. I just never found the time to grab the machine and start teaching myself to do it. FINALLY something pushed me to do it. Thank you EDTC300! I have decided to pick sewing because I feel like it is a life long skill that I…

Read More Read More

Little ol’ me

Little ol’ me

Little bit about myself… well I am a lot of things. But one of my favorite titles is Miss.White. (right behind mom). I have been a teacher for 4 years, and I have honestly taught everything from Pre-k to grade 10 along with student services roles. I love being a teacher. It is my chance to support little humans to become who they are truly made out to be. I am a mom of one lovely little girl named Emersyn…

Read More Read More