Networking + Supporting Eachothers Learning

One thing that I really enjoyed about this class is that we got to see into the world of others learning. The learning project opened a door for us to 1. Learn a new skill via the internet 2. Watch others do the same. I liked watching where people started their journey and where they ended their journey.

I believed that throughout this process I was able to comment 3-5 comments a week. I loved going to check out where people were on their learning journey. I was able to provide networking evidence that showed I was reading their posts + getting involved in others learning. I don’t know much, but I feel like having a couple of years of teaching under my belt compared to other classmates who were in their intern year or just starting out, really benefitted me when chatting about tools we have used in the classrooms before. Again, I don’t know everything, so that was why it was super cool to be a part of this class. I would learn so many things from others and think to myself “OH man, I cannot wait to go back to school in the fall and apply _____ tool here” *I for some reason didn’t take pictures or save links for every comment. But there should be a comment from every week in my links*

Captured- A comment talking about Math 99 and how I think it is a great tool to bring into the highschool end!

I will admit– I was not the best student when it came to discord support… Ugh I don’t know what it was but I just felt like my resources that I had wouldn’t be beneficial to anyone. I did support some students and do some commenting on there. But if I could go back in time I would add more. I really would.

In the online classroom.

Ah, this is where I thrive. I love face to face conversations in the classroom setting. Discussion rooms are my jam. I found that I was able to bring more to the table in this setting for sure. I think that I learn the best through communication, so this comes more naturally to me than online conversations + blog posting.

2 thoughts on “Networking + Supporting Eachothers Learning

1. Hi Kyla, this is my first time checking out your blog, I love your header image and quote! I really enjoyed reading your post! I feel you with discord, I felt the same way with sharing resources. I too wish I could go back in time!