Morning Routine Ideas

Morning Routine Ideas

Morning Routine is extremely important in a classroom. I find anything that includes a soft start is the best way to go about it. I have taught numerous grades and been a student services teacher for lots of grades as well and these are some of my favorite morning routine ideas.

Daily Themes to start the day!

• This link includes numerous ideas for themes or activites that you as the teacher can set up for your students to have a great start to the day. Some examples include: Motivational Monday, Moody Monday “Write or draw about your current mood”, Twisted Tuesday (writing a tongue twister on the board for the students to try out), Famous Friday (can be naming a famous student of the week OR doing a little game by showing pictures and the students have to guess why that person is famous)

Mindfulness

-This is a time where students get to choose a material to calmly play with. This is a time for them to be quiet and focus on their task at hand. This is one of my favorite things EVER that our school does.

• Blocks
  • Workouts/weight lifting
  • Coloring pages
  • Links (These rock!!)
  • Playdough
  • Interlocking plastic disks (K, these are underrated. The kids love them!)
  • Doodling/Drawing
  • Reading
  • Lego
  • Magnet Tiles (If you buy any toy for your students to play with, let it be this one!)

Breakfast club

• What is Breakfast club you may ask?? Well I will  tell you! In our school we have the oppurtunity for students to recieve breakfast from the school FOR FREE. They can come in early and grab a food item that will support the students energy level and get them prepared for the day. They can sit with others to enjoy a healthy breakfast.