EDTC 300

Who am I?

My name is Kyler Flahr and I am currently a student in the middle years program at the University of Regina. I started University in the winter semester of 2018 and enrolled in Kinesiology. I did that for a year and a half before deciding to take a break from school and change programs. I have been bartending since I was 19 years old at The Canadian Brewhouse. I returned to school to do social work and continued working. I enjoyed social work and did well in my classes, but I did not know if my mental health could take the toll social work can have. I changed programs for a third time. Y’know what they say “Third times the charm”. My partner and I had our daughter at the end of 2022 on December 28, the same day as my birthday! My life has changed so much since I first started school, we bought a house, started our own little family, and now just have to get my education done. My hobbies include watching NFL, go Ravens, playing videogames, hanging out my family, and reading.

I do not have a lot of experience with educational technology and that is why I am taking this class. I want to get better, learn how to use and incorporate it. I also do not have a lot of experience blogging other than my ECS 203 class I took in the Spring of 2023. I was not the biggest fan of blogging as I found it could be hard to write and not sound super formal, I found myself writing as if it was an essay. I want to get better at both blogging and using technology and those are my goals for this semester.