Consistency is Key

The hardest thing about finding time to workout are the excuses we come up with to not workout. I have been learned throughout this project that consistency is key! I have tried morning workouts, afternoon workouts, and evening workouts. Trying to balance this and my new mom life is tricky as there is always a million other things that I could be doing around the house. Allowing myself to take time to focus on my own mental and physical health is important and necessary, following through is another story. It is said that it takes about 3 weeks to establish a routine. I feel like I am getting there, and allowing myself to practice yoga throughout my busy life is ok!

woman doing yoga exercise
woman practicing yoga

Last week I shared all about Bed Time Flow and how I have been absolutely loving my evening yoga sessions. Well there were a few times this week that it wasn’t going to work with my schedule so I had to make sure I set aside some time during my son’s nap to yoga guilt free.

This week I thought I would try to create another time lapse video on my iPhone. I uploaded it straight to YouTube using the Youtube app. I was able to edit my video, add music and filters with ease. I was super impressed with how slick it was to get my video up and ready. I was able to select whether I wanted my video public or private (I don’t need my students finding me on YouTube doing yoga, haha!). But you’re lucky, because I am sharing the link with you. Here is me doing some morning yoga in superspeed!

2 thoughts on “Consistency is Key

1. This is such a cool idea for the learning project! I tried to teach myself yoga during the covid shutdown and straight up destroyed my back somehow. I’m not sure how, as yoga is supposed to be relaxing and I was not relaxed lol. I’m glad it is going well for you!