Hi! My name is Robyn and I need help. I am hopelessly addicted to technology. All kinds of tech… I have been interested in computer technology since I learned about the internet and had my first Hotmail account. I have moved on to G-mail since then, but I am always interested in learning more. Back in the day, I taught myself some minor coding and website building and I really enjoyed it, but then I decided to have three more kids, and so that doesn’t happen now. I did continue to keep a blog for a long time after my son was born though. I enjoyed the process of writing, and I love photography, and at the time Blogger allowed me to do both. It was called One of the Jones… Super original I know…. I haven’t updated it since 2012, although I do have a blog I keep to talk about autism / Adhd. It is my way of processing information.
Despite my love for technology of all kinds, when Covid hit, I was blindsided like everyone else. All of a sudden my kids were doing EVERYtHING on computers, and I was having to learn all of the stuff with them… some we had used before, like Mathletics and Sora (a reading app) but now everything the kids did was online. I discovered how very much I HATE SeeSaw as a learning tool, especially on a tablet which was all my youngest two had at the time. It is a great tool to inform parents or take video and pictures, but I did not love trying to write in it. My son and daughter were using Microsoft Teams. I don’t mind it, but my son complained about how glitchy it always was. My younger kids did enjoy videos on you tube that the teachers would send them as part of exercise routines, or as part of lesson plans, and I discovered some things to interest my kids (and myself) such as live zoo cameras and Science Videos..

I am looking forward to learning more in this course. I think it will be interesting to learn more about my colleagues while also discovering some new tech to use in the classroom. I have already learned something. I didn’t know anything about discord… 🙂

All pictures on this post are the property of Robyn Jones, 2022

Categories: EDTC300