My experiences of blended learning has been a challenge that began at a time of uncertainty and when the world was in shock with the whole pandemic that changed our lives in many ways. I was overwhelmed with the amount of planning I had to do for the students and the amount of homework packages I had to prepare as well. At the time, I was not familiar with any online teaching management, ie: Google Classroom, Microsoft, etc. I had to everything on my own, learning to plan and post online was a challenge I had to overcome. Teaching in a First Nations School setting is another challenge, because there is a lack of resources available for teachers and students. ie: chromebooks, internet services in homes, etc. Therefore, all my lessons and student assignment had to be printed and packaged to be delivered to students. I spent countless hours prepping and planning to ensure that students understand the homework package and what is expected to be done. However, the challenge I have encountered during this time was having little to no assignments being done, despite the amount of time I spent planning and prepping. (Frustrating!) Over time, I have learned more about Google Classroom and I slowly weaned my students into using this online learning method. I am now using Google Classroom for all my classes and everything is planned and posted online for students.

Hyflex Learning! What is it? My understanding with hyflex learning is delivering lessons to the students in class, while making these materials readily available online.

Categories: Uncategorized