I love who I have been, but I really love who I am becoming -- Dulce Ruby

From Setback to Success! My First TikTok Post.

Last week I entered the world of TikTok and highlighted creators and influencers regarding teacher AI tools.  This week I thought I would step even further out of my comfort zone and try creating my own TikTok post about the tool that has been a lifesaver this week, Magic School AI and specifically the Unit Plan Generator which has been an invaluable tool as I prepare to enter my pre-internship teaching block next week.

Well lemme tell ya….this was a wee bit of an effort in frustration.  I began trying to record a video using the online app Screen Capture which was super easy to use…until I tried to upload my video to TikTok.  Enter frustration one.  No matter how many times I tried and re-recorded and shortened my video, TikTok kept saying it was over the 10 minute time limit which it DEFINITELY was not.😠I gave up and decided to record on the app on my phone.

This was relatively easy to use and  I loved playing around with the effects and music.  It appeared I had done it and created my first ever TikTok post.  Enter frustration number 2…I could see the video on my profile on my app but could not find it anywhere else and when I tried sharing the link it wouldn’t show up.😡After countless attempts, checking privacy settings etc., I finally discovered that I had not actually posted it.  One click, a few seconds and VIOLA!!  ❤️It is definitely not perfect and I have so much still to learn (like how to give it a title 🙈) but I didn’t give up!

Check out my first ever TikTok video and definitely check out Magic School AI.

@mrsb653

♬ original sound – mrsB

1. Maddie

Hey Cheryl!
    I love that you joined TikTok! I am happy to see that you tried again and were successful when recording on the app! The TikTok video is awesome, keep it up!

2. Inemesit Ekaette

Hi Cheryl!
    It’s good to know that you went further in your journey by exploring TikTok. I have never actually made a post to TikTok but will give it a try. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
    Great job!

3. Megan

If you stick with TikTok I am sure there are many tips and tricks to using AI in the classroom as a teacher. I know TikTok can be tricky to work with when you are new to creating content. I am not experienced in content creating, but do know how to scroll, lol! Good job on problem solving your way through.

• Cheryl Bratton

Thank you. I’m afraid I am going to get sucked in so have been limiting how much I go on it for now but definitely a great tool.

4. Ashley Cox

Magic School AI is a game-changer! I first heard about it on TikTok a while ago and have used it in many ways. I never thought I would use AI, but it definitely helps with ideas and getting some of the grunt work of lesson planning done. I really like the DOK questions option to help with forming questions to ask students. I just saw that Magic School AI has a gift suggestion tool. How neat! I think it is time to embrace AI and use it to our advantage.

• Cheryl Bratton

Absolutely. The rubric and unit plan generators have been a lifesaver for me!