I feel as if my education provided me with limited opportunities to learn about citizenship. The three types of education were not mentioned during my education, although the values of each were taught subconsciously. During school, my understanding of the three types of citizenship had never been looked at consciously until now. I can remember teachers teaching students to become personally responsible, participatory and justice oriented, but not what they are outright. Primarily, citizenship was addressed in my education as more of an identity, which permits rights for people of certain citizenships. Out of the three, I believe personal responsibility was the aspect of citizenship that was stressed the most. This was mostly done through the social studies and history curriculums, as it could be considered that politics is a priority for Canadian students to learn. Informing students of how politics work is something I believe should be a priority, as politics has its roots in every other career and social sector. Personal responsibility is always being addressed in schools, through class activities to community service projects. This type of citizenship allows for students to encounter and relate to real-life situations of inequality and need. It can teach important traits such as empathy and urgency for change, as well as promoting integrity and hard work (in both themselves and others).  Contrarily, this creates limitations for those who feel the need for responsibility in order to address problems in society. For example, the marginalized groups in society are still taught to be personally responsible, but there may be social, financial or health-related restrictions that create difficulties in fulfilling what they are taught.