the end…

EC&I 830, what a powerful class. I have never in my life taken part in actual debates and this made me terribly nervous throughout the course. Although my classmate, Altan and I were rushing when the sign up sheet opened up to get one of our favourite topics, for some reason we ended up being last with an issue that was not taken by anybody else. It seemed to be impossible to come up with ideas for “Openness and sharing in schools are unfair to our kids” but after a little research, it was scary to see the traps that we fall into when it comes to sharing. So, ending up with this topic was actually a good thing. Being a mom of two soon to be teenagers, definitely taught me a few things to look out for.

Throughout the course, besides gaining a broader view of the current issues, I loved seeing the creativity in the opening statements. I found the videos, discussions and experiences shared very informative and powerful. These debates helped me see both sides of the current issues discussed:

I would like to say thank you to my Prof. Dr. Alec Couros and my peers for sharing their knowledge and experiences, for the valuable connections, and for the intellectual and emotional support that was very much needed during this time. A special thank you to my debate partner, Altan, who was a pleasure to work with. Please take a peak at my Summary of Learning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5qTSo2OFdA

Thank you for stopping by and I wish you all good health and a wonderful relaxing SUMMER!

One thought on “the end…

1. That was great. You are developing some amazing tech skills my friend. Great flow to your video. I really appreciate that you see the benefits of tech but also temper this with some important points to consider before going head first (like the digital divide). I also think it was important that you mentioned teachers and parents need to work together to help promote positive digital citizenship to our youth. Thanks and keep up the great work.