About Me and My Educational Philosophies

About Me:

Hi there! I am Darian Zadorozniak, and I am currently in my fourth year of my Secondary Education degree with a major in Social Studies and a minor in English. I am preparing for my internship in the winter 2024 semester, where I will be interning in Southey. I am very much looking forward to this experience!

Here are some fun facts about myself:

I love sports (playing them and watching them), and my favourites to partake in would have to be football, basketball, and bowling, although keep in mind I am definitely not the most gifted athlete…

I am originally from Weyburn – although I have lived in Regina for about 4 years. I have certainly grown to appreciate the quietness of Weyburn over the years!

I love video games! I’m a huge sucker for Nintendo games, and the GameCube has a special place in my heart. I don’t lose to anybody in Mario Kart.

My educational philosophies:

While my educational philosophies are something that I find are constantly changing, one thing which has remained the most consistent throughout my experiences is a firm belief in providing equitable education to my students.

To me, this means that as an educator, we should all be striving to treat all students in a manner that displays genuine care for their learning, and shows that we are genuinely invested in their success.

These are things that I find incredibly important in my young career as an educator. Taking an investment in the success of my students doesn’t mean that success will always look the same in every student that I will encounter, but it does mean that I will do my best to conform to the needs of the learners around me in trying to attain success for these students. I feel that this is highly attainable through a variety of teaching strategies, assessment strategies, and creative lesson planning. Equity is not just limited to these features of education and teaching, however, and I feel that the career of an educator is a career which relies heavily on providing equitable opportunities for all students.