How I contributed to the learning of others

One of the most incredible things about being an education student is having the privilege and opportunity to learn from so many of my thoughtful, intelligent peers. Likewise, it’s such a privilege to contribute to the learning of my peers in even a small way. My ultimate goal  with this class was to serve my community well in its overall learning.

So: how did I contribute to the learning of others? It feels weird and self-promoting to write about something like this, but I’ll try my best. 

I believe the main way I contributed to the learning of others was by sharing my thoughts even if I felt silly doing so. As in, I’m not afraid to ask stupid questions or go on a tangent. As in, I frequently contributed quality thoughts during whole class and small group discussions. However you want to phrase it, I was very active in group discussions and in the group chat during class. This may not be the most “online” type of interaction, but its the one I do best.

The second way I contributed to learning of others was through blog comments. I tried to comment as much as I could while still providing meaningful and genuine thoughts. I promise I had screenshots of several comments but I can’t find them on my computer nor can I figure out how to search for them via wordpress. Please believe me, I tried, but I have ten minutes to submit this assignment.

The biggest limitation I had in terms of contributing to the learning of others was in regards to the “course community”, AKA the class Discord server. I really did intend to check it out, but it just wasn’t a natural or easy method of communication for me. It seems like in previous years the class utilized X (formerly Twitter) as an aspect of the course community. I am a big Twitter user for better or worse, and I know this is a platform I would have excelled at. This is interesting commentary on how platform can make a difference in our frequency and quality of interactions with our online communities.