Technology In The Classroom Enhances Learning

Well, I must say that in the debate 1, presenters of both sides presented interesting insight and well grounded information on their respective sides of the topic. It’s difficult to say whether or not technology helps or hinders learning.  But after listening to both sides’ arguments, I believe that the technology does enhance learning in the classroom.  We live in a technological world, and it is our obligation as educators to prepare students for the future, which involves technology.

Considering that education is an imperative part of human life, we can imagine how significant the literal link between technology and education is. The improvement in technology is similarly continuous, and the basic intention of technology is to advance human life. Teachers can assist students in acquiring the required skills to succeed in future occupations as technological advancements drive globalization and digital change.

Technology Enhanced Learning is important for many reasons. It is not only important because it is the standard of education that is expected today, but it can also improve education. Technology helps education in many ways, for example utilizing: Digital Simulations and models, online learning, improved communication, advance research, better assignments, Self-paced and fun learning, online collaboration, improved education access. Digital simulations and models can help students not only better understand various disciplines, but also get acquainted with the wonders of the modern world. Teachers can use digital simulations and models to help students who are visual or tactile learners understand complex subjects in a more tangible and straightforward way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkmZQVpZDZo

Online education has been a fantastic option for those who work full-time and are unable to attend classes in person. Many various sorts of universities offer online courses, certifications, and degrees, ranging from the ivy leagues to junior colleges. The COVID-19 pandemic also swiftly highlighting the importance of online education in teaching and learning. Teachers can utilize online learning as a strong instructional tool by incorporating technology into existing curricula, rather than treating it purely as a crisis-management tool.

Oregon State University Osu GIF by Oregon State Ecampus
https://giphy.com/gifs/OregonStateEcampus-fL3YyjhMkOUqPOJ7Xn

Collaboration can be aided by educational technology. We as an educators can interact with students throughout class, but students can also speak with one another. Students collaborate to solve challenges through online lessons and learning games. Students can share their views and ideas and encourage one another in collaborative tasks. At the same time, technology allows students to communicate with teachers one-on-one. Students can ask questions about the classroom and get extra help with difficult-to-understand subjects. Students can upload their homework from home, and teachers can use their laptops to access and view completed assignments. It is a fact that a student learns more when he practices. The use of technology has made things a lot more fun than ever.

Cloud storage has made research a lot easier for the students these days. Gone are the days when they had to go through piles of books to find a specific reference to improve their assignments.

I believe that if teachers want to see their students perform better, and technology can help them do so. Students can benefit from quick access to information, rapid learning, and entertaining opportunities to put what they’ve learned into practice. It allows students, particularly in STEM, to study new disciplines and get a better comprehension of complex concepts. Students can learn 21st-century technical skills needed for future careers by using technology both inside and outside the classroom. To address the issues, administrators should assist instructors in gaining the skills they need to use technology to improve student learning. Furthermore, using technology in the classroom should make instructors’ tasks easier without adding to their workload.

Hence, I believe that it’s only natural to bring more EdTech into the classroom. Teachers are responsible for educating pupils for the twenty-first century, which includes introducing them to technology. The truth is that surviving in the workplace without technology is nearly impossible. As a result, it is preferable for youngsters to learn to use technology sooner rather than later. Computer literacy is arguably more important than some of the more traditional skills taught in schools.

Thank You Banner|4 by Erchomai-Veni on DeviantArt

Technology In My Daily Life

Technology has changed dramatically every aspect of our life. We probably all agree that technology has changed our lives in countless ways, revolutionizing how we work, live, and play. A lot of the changes to how we live our lives are very amazing, and I can’t imagine not having them. We may easily speak with family members over the internet, or we can work from home and cooperate and communicate with coworkers in real-time.

Ways Technology Impacts Your Daily Life
https://www.google.com/search

From my childhood to adulthood, different technologies were always a prominent part of my daily life. Although in my childhood we don’t have smart gadgets like smartwatches, tablets, smarts phones laptops for each individual, and voice assistant devices but we do have a computer that was fixed installed in our home, and it was normally for family use. In school, we do go to the computer lab, which was considered to be the best period for all students in their school day 🙂

Computers in the classroom don't make pupils smarter | Health24

As I was a Montessori teacher back in my country I used a lot of technologies in my classroom. I use both the real and digital flashcards to practice facts and other materials with my students so that they were not only familiar with real flashcards but also connected with digital technology as it was quite fun for the students too. I show them small cartoon movies through digital projectors. I also sometimes use smart-board too for showing images of fruits, vegetables, animals etc. But of course, the COVID-19 virus changed the way we all live and the way we educate our children; Montessori is no exception. Schools have been compelled to change their learning plans to a digital format as a result of school closures across the country, often with only a few weeks’ notice. This appears to be a direct contradiction to Montessori philosophy at first view. But we all believed that education should be prepared for life so we change our in-person format into the online base format. So we arrange zoom classes for our kids. Hence, the need of spreading knowledge among our students, and all sectors of society has been highlighted by this pandemic. If online learning technology can help, we must all use it to the fullest extent possible.

Stay Safe Work From Home GIF by INTO ACTION
https://giphy.com/clips/IntoAction-school-back-to-into-action-1g8WZ9deX6QYK6hV2S

Technology has impacted almost every aspect of life today, and education is no exception. I believe that technology has so much to offer especially in education and for an educator to get closer to our students and deliver the knowledge effectively and efficiently. Technology is a powerful tool that improved, supports, and transforms education in many ways such as digital textbooks, and Google classrooms to facilitate learning, research new information, project work, student activity, etc. As a student, it allows me to learn outside of the classroom and library. I can virtually meet, collaborate, and produce material thanks to technology. It aids my study, sharing of ideas, and learning of specialized skills. Technology also assists me in informing vital networking relationships with others in my field. For example, I connect with professors, classmates, and others on LinkedIn and other platforms. As I’m doing a Master’s in teaching, learning, and leadership program here in Regina, my life is becoming even more familiar with the technology. Due to the covid19 pandemic, I use zoom to take classes, for all of my courses I had to interact with other people, it is not just me and the computer screen. Be it emailing the teacher for help on a question, asking the advice of other adults and students, questioning people for an assignment, studying with someone for a test, or having someone look over an essay, I had a wide circle of people supporting me every day. I use google slides for presentations in my different courses, and by taking the course EC&I 830, I am now familiar with the discord app, WordPress which is quite interesting as I didn’t hear of these apps until now. So with the passage of time, I am becoming a tech-savvy person. 🙂

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is image-1024x544.jpeg
https://www.google.com/search?q=linkedin

In my personal life, I use a lot of social media apps like Facebook, twitter, snapchat, Instagram as a social networking sites to connect with my family and friends. As I’m an international student, I continuously required different networking sites in order to connect with my parents back in my country through smartphone, tab or laptop. I also do a lot of online shopping from different online sites.

Apps GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
https://giphy.com/gifs/digitalpratik-digital-pratik-dapps-decentralised-apps-TjPipokaxYJVHPPWPY

Technology advancements have enhanced almost every aspect of our lives, and the best is yet to come. Technology is transforming education, changing how, when and where students learn and empowering them at every stage of their journey. The positive impact of technology on society has brought about transformation and enabled us to achieve previously unimaginable heights. Nobody else has revolutionized the way people think about technology, which is why it is and will always be so significant. As a result, I believe that technology plays an essential role in our daily lives in a variety of ways that we cannot ignore.

Social Media World GIF by Markpain
https://giphy.com/gifs/therealmarkpain-marketing-digital-world-PpVjpSOjZDn9lfPE2L

Thank you For Reading 🙂

The "About Me" Section & Your Modeling Career (Pt. II: Model Mayhem, etc.)

My name is Fasiha Taha. I’m from Pakistan. I was an Early Childhood Educator for the past 8 years back in my country. In my professional career as a teacher, I tend to learn from my experiences and want to explore my true potential as a teacher. The desire to enhance my current skills and knowledge in the field of education led me to search for ways that can help me to move a step further in my professional career development.

My interest to pursue a master’s in Teaching, learning, and leadership program from University of Regina is driven by my current academic background and teaching experience which encourages me to expand my knowledge and shape my future career path. 

I am married and have an awesome kid who’s 5 years old. I love traveling with my family and exploring the world. I also enjoy painting and reading fiction books. 🙂

Welcome To My First Blog!

Hello everyone. Welcome to my first educational technology blog. Thank you for coming here. 🙂

This is where I will share all of my new adventures and all the awesome staff that I will learn during the period of my course EC&I 830. This is my 5 course of my Master’s program of Teaching learning and leadership. Tag along with me for all my aha moments. 🙂