Jerico Sampang: A Work in Progress

Published by Jerico on

Hey!

My name is Jerico Sampang and I’m 21 years old, born and raised in Regina, Saskatchewan. I feel like everyone struggles when it comes to talking about themselves and I am no exception. Some information you might wanna know about me is that I’m a gay Filipino man studying in the Faculty of Education at the University of Regina with a major in mathematics and a minor in biology. If any of that information piques your interest, reach out to me! I’m always open to talking to new people who share interests with me and especially with those who would become unlikely friends.

My experience with educational technology is quite limited. Throughout most of my educational career technology was frequently used as a supplement to the main curriculum, rather than being the subject matter. As such, online integrity, identity, and awareness were not always skills I was adept with. It was only through university level classes that I learned proper online etiquette. The landscape of educational technology is ever-changing and evolving and it is through classes like EDTC 300 that I hope to be on the forefront of a pioneering instructional strategy.

Blogging is a great way to breach into the world of educational technology. It likes having an influencer persona without having the paranoia of being stalked or harassed. I, for one, am a big fan of blogging; in fact, I have thought of starting another blog all about my skincare obsessions and advice that I would give to other skincare enthusiasts. However, blogging requires much more discipline than I am capable of. Many times throughout this semester, you will definitely see me posting rather late as I am just barely making deadlines. Moreover, I am hesitant to bring what I know to the online world when creators such as Lab Muffin Beauty Science exist.

Flat lay of beauty treatment

Photo by Natalia Hawthorne on Pexels

Nevertheless, I am more than excited to become more involved with my website and blog and work to build a digital identity that I am proud of. Please keep up with me and reach out if you wanna follow along on my journey!

Categories: EDTC 300

1 Comment

Justine David · September 21, 2023 at 8:44 pm

Hello, Jerico Sampang. You got me at “skincare.” I’ve tried numerous times to create a routine that works for me and bought too many products that I didn’t know how to use. In Spongebob terms, if you have the Krabby Patty Secret Formula, I’m Plankton. I am very hooked.

Also, you have this way with words, and I’m sure your blogs will be very enjoyable to read.