Another Day, Another Crochet

Published by Jerico on

Hey, everyone! Another short post here as I have been so busy with work, school, family, and so forth. I haven’t started any new projects just so you know, but I have been continuously working on my blanket and purse in my free time. Sadly, I didn’t think to take many photos, so I’ll share where I decided to take a pause.

This is the progress I have made with my blanket so far. I decided to pause here because I ran out of yarn. The yarn that I use for this particular project is an ombre style yarn and as far as I know is only available on Amazon. As such, it will be a while before this project will be updated since I’ll have to wait to be able to afford more yarn and for it to be shipped.

For the purse project, I managed to finish another side and it took me about half the time as the original side. They’re quite uniform in size and shape so I know that I have nailed those two pieces.

One of the last few steps required is to join the two sides as you can see I began here. I kept getting frustrated that I wasn’t able to keep the edges uniform so this is where I decided to take a break.

I know this post is nowhere near as long as my others, but I am making slow and steady progress to making things as I hoped I would in my original post. With everything in my life being so stressful, I find it assuring that I am making progress in this project even if I am not making great progress in other parts of my life. I hope that you enjoyed this read and you’ll join me again for my next post.

Hailey Jorgensen · November 3, 2023 at 4:31 pm

Slow progress is better than no progress, you’re doing great! I can also attest to life being very busy right now (November reading week would’ve been good around now lol). I think you’re making great progress on your blanket, which will be handy during the cold weather to come. And I’m sure you’ll figure out how to join the two sides soon!

Alyssa Hildebrandt · November 4, 2023 at 8:34 pm

Hey Jerico,

You are doing better than me!! I have only completed two small projects, and I understand how frustrating it can be to hit a block in the road. I think you are doing amazing!! Your blanket looks so good! And I can definitely relate to not being able to afford yarn. I always look at the nice pretty colours, and window shop. Keep doing what you are doing it all looks great!

Ashley Kormos · November 18, 2023 at 7:34 pm

Hiya,
The uniformity of the sides of your bag is enviable. How long do you think it took for you to do this? Did you have to pay attention to each step or did your muscle memory kick in and let you do other stuff? Did you ever have to restart?
I like that you took a break when you noticed yourself getting frustrated.
Cheers,
Austin.