Post #2 My TikTok Hair-do’s

Post #2 

The first hair-do I did this week was a simple messy bun. The idea of a messy bun seems easy, but as some may know it is not so easy. The messy bun is supposed to be messy but can’t be too messy, because then it falls out and defeats the point of putting up your hair. The messy bun I tried was actually very simple to do. The part that took the most effort was making sure there were no bumps on the top of my head. The actual bun was just simply making almost knots. I started by putting my hair into a simple ponytail, then I started the almost knots. The almost knots are the part at the start of the knot when you cross your two strings over each other. I didn’t have the gel to slick my hair back but that wasn’t what I wanted to learn from the video. 

My second hair-do of the week was a simple claw clip updo. I love claw clips, they are my go-to when I need to throw my hair up. So well I was scrolling through TikTok and saw this hair-do I had to do it. It was very easy to do and was done in about five minutes. All I had to do was braid some front pieces of my hair on both sides and then put the rest up in a claw clip. This will definitely be a hair-do I will be doing more often.

My claw clip hair-do

My messy bun

Now let’s talk about the way I learned these hair-dos. Yes, I found them on TikTok. I won’t lie, I was scrolling and I wasn’t looking to learn something new or to like what I learned, but I did. I wasn’t expecting it to go well either. I didn’t think I would be able to get all the little details in the small amount of video. I did have to watch the videos multiple times but I did like that I could stop the video very easily. The ease of also knowing the app so well was something I found helpful.