It’s Seeding Time

June 22, 2024 0 By Karlee Michael

We have come to a very exciting time in our landscaping project, it is time to seed our grass. We have leveled out the dirt in our yard multiple times even buying more dirt to help with the leveling process. We have let it settle twice and have had an obsessive amount of rain, everything is starting to dry up and now it is time to plant grass.

Fresh green grass background in sunny summer day in park

As everything we have done as part of this project we have no idea what we are doing. My understanding is that you sprinkle grass seed and then pack it down and water it like crazy. When doing my research to see if there is more to it then I went to Home Depot website and searched up “How to plant grass seed.” I was amazed at how well organized the information was and how detailed and easy to follow the instructions were. There were more steps then I realized to planting grass but this website had each step broken up into separate blocks of information, which made it less overwhelming and easy to follow.

We then went out to Home Depot and bought the supplies they needed. This process was very simple as their website was nicely laid out and told us which isles we would find every item we needed. I often find shopping stressful but Home Depot and their website made it stress free and I felt confident going into the store knowing I would be able to easily find everything I needed. 

We then went home to start on our seeding project. This process was simple as we followed the step by step instructions. It was just a time consuming project as there were many steps to follow along the way. Our grass is all planted and now we just spend the rest of the summer watering it and taking care of it so we can enjoy it for many years to come.

Man fertilizing and seeding residential backyard lawn with manual grass fertilizer spreader.