EDTC 300

Taking Part in Networked Learning!

I have created a document that exemplifies my participation in networked learning. It displays some of my favorite comments that I have made on other people’s posts. I chose these ones because I feel that I really connecting with the blog post and was able to add relevant information to their discussion. The document also displays my interactions with other folks in the discord chat for the class. I feel that I have tried to be as helpful as I can. I also really enjoyed the small discussion that I started about a news article that I had found. Finally, the document also showcases examples of the work I have been doing to network in my other two classes. I wanted to highlight the work that I have been doing in my discussion forum comments for my EPSY 400 course. I dedicated the time to thoughtfully read posts and share what I previously knew about the topic and what I was able to learn from them. This really made me feel connected to the course community.

I have been in university for four years now and in that time, I have been asked to post and comment on many discussion forums. I have always seen it as a rather boring task; however, this year having talked about taking part in a digital community and networked learning I have developed a new way of looking at these assignments. I look forward to reading the posts of my peers. Throughout this course we have had quite a lot of freedom to follow our interests on a variety of topics meaning that none of us were bringing the same information into the conversation. It was also interesting to see how people’s personal experiences influenced their learning and understanding. I have really enjoyed getting to see what other people have learned throughout this course because it has certainly expanded my scope of understanding for many topics in the class.