My Grade 2 Experience

All the desks are facing each other. This way all the kids can see each other and have no reason to turn around.

I was able to be in a grade 2 classroom for a portion of my field experience. I was super excited for this! Mrs. F was my placement teacher and she is truly the teacher I aspire to be. She loves her job and the kids in her room. She wants everyday to be enjoyable and the kids to feel safe and welcome in her classroom. She has implemented the theme of pirates in her class. They are all apart of a pirate ship. They sink together or succeed together. I love this because the kids love this theme and really get on board with it. It is an easy way to make them work hard and enjoy it as well. During my experience I was able to see how she teaches and what kind of learning materials she used. What I really am going to take away form this experience though is all the extras she did to show the kids they were loved. I really think that school is about more than just learning how to read and write. Mrs. F proved this. Her kids are going to leave her class with all the skills they need like reading, math, and writing, but more importantly they are going to leave with life skills, love, and a great memory from their grade two year.

Reward system used
This is a warning chart. You do not want to end up on sunken ship.