EDTC300,  Learning Project

When Life Gives You Lemons

This week’s art piece was inspired by a cup at Winners, it reminded me of a feeling of summer and an airy light feeling.

I thought this piece would also be interesting to try out as the overall look of the artwork is quite different from my first picture. It is more dynamic, it has multiple different layer which this time around was easy to figure out as that was something I worked on last week when I was testing out the waters.

While this week, a huge part of what I was trying to figure out was how to incorporating depth through lighting, and shading. Which included finding out how to highlight certain spots on a drawing allowing for the view to perceive the drawing more realistically.

This drawing is also composed of a couple different brushes, and hues of yellows and greens to give it a more rounded look. I picked up on these skills by watching a YouTube video by Make This Brush, on how to choose which brush stroke and style to use.

Another little hack I learned from this video was how to create a new library. By doing so it made it easier to find which brushes I was switching between. So when it came to choosing my brushes, this was way easier to switch between stylists depending on what I was aiming to create.

Overall, this journey through digital art is quite fun, and as time passes I find it interesting to find my own style. Although I am no Picasso, as of right now, I hope to continue to grow in both my skill and passion.

Thanks for reading!

• Dayna Coffey

Digital art can be so much fun to create. I took a Photoshop class last summer and loved it! I can’t wait to see your creativity flourish!

• Avery Kotylak

Hi Katelyn, Your latest art piece sounds delightful and full of summer vibes. It is great to hear how you’ve been exploring depth through lighting and shading, and it’s impressive that you’re incorporating multiple layers and brushes. The tips from Make This Brush seem to have really helped with the project and process. Your journey through digital art is inspiring, and it’s wonderful to see how your skills and personal style are evolving. Keep up the great work, and I look forward to checking out more of your creations.

• Nikol Ostrovski

Hello Katelyn!

Your exploration of digital art is truly inspiring! It’s fascinating to see how a simple cup from Winners can evoke such a vivid feeling of summer and translate into a dynamic piece of artwork. The shift in your technique, focusing on depth through lighting and shading, showcases your dedication to making your drawings more realistic and engaging. t’s evident that your journey through digital art is not just about mastering techniques but also about discovering your unique style. Your passion and commitment to growing as an artist are commendable. Keep experimenting and refining your craft—you’re on a fantastic path, and your progress is already remarkable. Remember, every great artist started somewhere, and your enthusiasm and creativity are your greatest assets. Keep up the excellent work!