EDTC300,  Learning Project

Diving out of Digital Art

Wrapping it up!

This class has flown by, with that so has my learning project. While doing these assigned blog posts my thoughts towards social media and technology in the classroom has changed. As well as my confidence as a digital learner has grown tremendously over these past 5 weeks. I coined this journey “Diving into the World of Digital Art” and that was exactly what I did. Although when I read through my other classmate’s initial blogs, I noticed that they had done an extensive amount of prior research in picking out their learning project.

I on the other hand, jumped in blindly. But in the end, I believe it was the right choice for me. I spent much more time then just “an hour on Sundays” working on these projects. I severely underestimated the amount of time that I initially set aside for this project. After countless Sundays (mornings, afternoons and evenings) spent creating, erasing and merging layers of my artistic masterpieces. I have five creations to show for all my efforts.

BunBun

When Life Gives You Lemons

The One-Eyed Bandit

Oasis

Summers Breeze

Looking through these posts, I can safely say that as a creator, I, LOVE to play around with bright colours, often times colours that contrast from each other allowing for the image to pop. With this I’d say the one skill that I discovered during this project is the virtue of patience. Sometimes I feel with technology it is something you either get the hang of quickly or you got to click around for a good couple of hours to get where you want to go. Prior to this, I would classify myself in the second category.

Through multiple trial and errors on my behalf, I can confidently say that if I am to keep up with digital art, I would be on the fast track to classifying myself in the first category!

Thanks for reading!